Saturday, June 14, 2008

Just do it?


I still find it hard to believe that I am where I am now. How could I pack my entire life into a little luggage and just get up and move from everything and everyone I've known. Spontaneous, foolish, scared, I'm all these things. It may have not been the smartest move to make but when your thinking in the moment, one can tend to act irrational and just do it. One minute I'm studying for an exam at NIU. The next minute I've dropped out of school. The next minute I'm on a plane with no direction and with one intent, to get away.

A fresh start is always nice but did I really need it? Was life so bad that I was willing to throw it all away? Probably not. But I did, and here I am, a license-less kid living in downtown Fullerton keeping himself busy at a junior college pretending to have a direction in life and fully confident in my own success.

Do I regret it? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Try to live your life with no regrets right, but I have many. I did move on a whim without thinking and with no idea of what I was going to do but in doing so, it opened myself up to new opportunities and new people. Yet at the same time, who knows how many missed opportunities I left back at home.

We'll see where this road I am traveling takes me. One spontaneous action can change your entire direction in life. You can either try to take it back or just go with it. I'll go with the latter, it's kind of nice to try and stick to a decision I made for once. Not having to deal with six months of cold Chicago weather is a plus.